Monday, August 15, 2011

Geonbae!

4 days ago, I decided to try this Korean drink that I bought in the grocery for only 75php -- Soju. Chamisul Soju to be specific. And FYI, I drank it alone. You know. Loner. Haha!


According  to Wikipedia , It is a distilled beverage native to Korea, and comparable to the taste of Vodka. 
Linguistically, the word soju is the Korean rendering of the Chinese 燒酒 (pinyinshaojiu), which literally means "burned liquor". The Chinese word shaojiu is rendered in Japanese as shōchū, the word that denotes a distilled alcoholic beverage that is the Japanese variant of soju and is traditionally made from rice.
Jinro is the largest manufacturer of soju. (76 million cases sold in 2008). The most popular variety of soju is currently Chamisul (참 이슬 - literally meaning "real dew").
Yes, It tasted like Vodka, but light one. For me ha. 
I did the session alone in my room while watching primetime soap operas. I took the first full shot, and the rest with a chaser na ice cold water. Hehe! And I'm done in just 45 minutes. Yay! 






I'm sorry that I got an F'd up camera phone. But good thing that my effin' phone did a good job, and the bad thing about that session of mine is that I end up the next day finding the bottle of soju, because I do not know where the hell did I placed it after drinking it. Hahahaha! 
I just found it after 2days. Haha!
I want to try soon their Korean famous foods.

da-eum sigan kkaji!

No comments:

Post a Comment