Tuesday, December 14, 2010

gone for the weekend

2weeks ago to be exact, I asked Kev if he has any plans for his upcoming birthday (Dec.12, 2010, Sunday), He said that he had no plan at all because he’s sort of saving some of his money for something. And so I said, okay.

Thinking also of something to give him on his day, I asked my cousin for some gift suggestions because I can’t think of any idea plus I am not good in giving stuffs.

While she was sensing of some good ideas, I also, too, was minding over his liked stuffs. My head is aching. And it was then when cuz spitted the word “Caricature”, I agreed at her idea right away.

Edgar, my close friend from high school up to now knows how to do that, I texted him right that very moment and convince him to do me a favor. Good thing, I kept a picture of Kev 3years ago. After a week, I already got the identifiable visual likeness. Mission no.1 accomplished!

that's edgar ( obviously yung nka-blue)

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

* Last year Dec.12, 2009, we celebrated Kevs birthday somewhere in North. I came to visit and cooked him white pasta. TRIVIA: he loves pasta. Any kind of it will do.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

*Just this Friday, Kev decided to let me go on with him this weekend. Unplanned as it is, I’m not prepared.

Saturday afternoon: I found myself riding on a bus heading south, packed bag with a smile on my face. Wow!

After 2hours+ of trip, got down that vehicle and going my way to my dear. As usual, meeting place at RP. Funny that I wasn’t able to wrap my gift, so I went to this bookstore and badly knew then that Kev was there waiting for me. I can’t think of any store apart from NB Store. Slightly worried that time, I went softly inside that book store, looking around, making sure that Kev won’t see me because if he did, the gift won’t be a surprise anymore.

I failed the gift to be wrapped in the counter; I just bought a gift wrapper instead and take charge of it.

When we set foot in his apartment, I told him to go out for a while so I can wrap the gift quickly. Tapos “walang scotch tape!!!”, how am I suppose to wrap my gift without any sticky thing to put in it? But God is so good; I saw a chewing gum in his table, get and placed it into the not so presentable wrapped gift. Voila! Ha-ha! Mission accomplished! J

Tomorrow is his day – Sunday, we’ll be going to church. You know, every time we celebrate birthdays, we’re ought to go to church to thank Him, for giving us such a wonderful and meaningful life all throughout.

Dec.12, 2010, Sunday at 8:00 in the morning, I woke up, still sleepy. We have to go at the 9 am mass at Mt.Carmel Church.

Oh! Here are some photos of the church:

I actually didn't had the chance to take some pics of the church that day, so i searched for it via Google :D

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

After mass, we’re both starving. birthday boy suggested to eat in this pancitan eatery

this is it!

we all know that pancit is always a present food on birthdays, either spaghetti. they have this saying that it is a food for us to have a long life.

*Pancit or pansit is the term for noodles in Filipino cuisine. Noodles were introduced into the Philippines by the Chinese and have since been adopted into local cuisine. The term pancit is derived from the Hokkien pian i sit (Chinese: 便ê食; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: piān-ê-si̍t) which means "something conveniently cooked fast."[1] Different kinds of noodles can be found in Filipino supermarkets which can then be cooked at home. Noodle dishes are also standard fare in local restaurants. Food establishments specializing in noodles are often referred to as panciterias.

Well, Pancit went so good for me. plus, they have this 'sabaw' that is poured over the pancit. it taste good, really. Another belly buster

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Here again, are some photos on that same day

Not bad for a cheesecake :) and I find it cute anyway.

I lit a candle, put it over the cheesecake and sang him a "
♪ Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday happy birthday ... happy birthday to you ♪"

"Make a wish and blow the candle"



Another year for Kev, wishing and hoping for more.
ILoveyou ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment