Thursday, May 24, 2012

Do you give a fuck Manila? -- Lady Gaga Born This Way Ball concert

Second time here in the Philippines, Lady Gaga rocked once again the Filipino fans on her two night concert at the SM Mall Of Asia Arena, Pasay City.
Luckily, I was dragged by my cousins to watch the second leg of her concert and I want to thank them for exempting me to watch it with them, ayt Alyssa?
I am not a big big fan of Lady Gaga, but I must say that I love her songs!


 MOA Arena Coral Way Blue Entrance.

 The show started at 9pm with DJ ZEDD as the front act. And goodness, he gave the crowd an upbeat mixes. He's superb!

After that 30mins of upbeat mixes of DJ ZEDD, Lady Gaga came out of the stage riding a horse at the side of  what she called the Kingdom Of  Fame. That castle structure amazingly open and closes in every of her performance. 














She's a total performer! She knows how to play instruments. She can play the piano using her feet at the same time or lift her legs or whatever part of her body that she can. She's undeniably talented and no wonder she had this haters/protesters from religious groups, she makes great music that other people made an over acting fuss and issues.  

In between of her performances, she quote:

“Tonight is all about togetherness. In our differences, we are all the same.”
“Tonight is not about making a statement. Tonight is us all coming together because we believe we were all born this way.”

My lifestyle is like one whole performance of liberation, for those of you who aren’t free. Take this opportunity to free yourself.”
"You guys taught me to never give up on myself.”
"I’m not an alien, I’m not a woman, I’m not a man, and I’m not a creature of your government, Manila.  I’m all your dreams and I’m all your potential.  Let me be all your insecurities and your fears. I’m your future, I’m everything that makes you sad and angry.  I’m you, little monsters.  Tonight’s not a statement, tonight’s us coming together because we believe we were all born this way.  Some people say I stand for things that are bad.  The truth is, I want the best for every single one of you.  My life is like one whole performance of LIBERATION.”
“All of those kids all around the world who take their lives when they’re so young because they feel bullied, or they’re afraid because they’re gay and don’t want to tell anybody.  Don’t you think that some of us should fucking stand up for them and speak the goddamn truth? It’s true! It’s not about the music, it’s not about my clothes, it’s not about having hit records. It’s the fucking goddamn truth that people in the world need to be free and be proud of who they are.”

“It’s all about the truth. Its the fucking goddamn truth that people in the world need to be free and be proud of who they are.”


  
I enjoyed the show, really! Two thumbs up to that Gaga!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment